EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE (EYFS) 2017
- Learning and Development
- Assessments that maps your child’s progress
- Welfare Requirements to keep your child safe and promote welfare
- Early Learning Goals
- Communication and language;
- Physical development; and
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Understanding the world; and
- Expressive arts and design.
HOME VISITS AND INDUCTIONS
All new children entering the nursery for the first time are carefully supported in their transition into the nursery. Each child's emotonal well-being is of paramount importance.
The support is facilitated through a combination of home visits, induction vists and the use of a key person system.
We arrange home visits to discuss with parents their child's care and development to ensure we have the essental information prior to the first day of care.
KEY PERSON SYSTEM
A key worker system operates and a practitioners takes prime responsibility for each child's care and learning.
A child's key person is also a vital link in the communication between nursery and parents.
Each new baby entering the nursery will have three free induction sessions to ease the transition into full-time care.
The main focus in the Toddler Rooms is on developing each child's:
Communication and language skills